Saturday, July 17, 2010

Threading




Another for the fine motor skills, threading! We dyed some tube pasta in different colours last week and tried to thread them onto shoelaces with not alot of luck...so on a trip to the craft store we bought some plastic needles and wool. Perfect.
I was totally amazed that Master Nate could not only thread these with utter ease but could thread the needle, now I know who to call if I'm having trouble. We made necklaces for granmas and aunties and I had to wear mine out to the shops.

After years of sending kids home with these from pre-school and watching mums not so keen to leave the premises with them on I was the one who had to go out with some gorgeous home made jewelry! It really did make my day as much as Master N's.
To continue on and I can't remeber where I saw it but at breakfast we decided to thread cherios onto pipe cleaners....one on and one in(the mouth).


Come join us at we Play at childhood 101
We Play

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neat! Thanks so much for stopping by and entering my giveaway!

Narelle said...

I love doing this with the kids (pity they just like to eat the pasta though!!) I found some really good plastic threads at Spotlight in the toy section for doing this too. I wish I could remember what they were called! They are used for making bracelets and stuff though and hold knots really well. I'll try to remember and let you know ;)

Anonymous said...

What a great way to introduce working with a needle! Princess has threaded painted pasta with her Dadda before, but I know she would love to do it with her very own needle!

Philippa said...

I love that you wore the necklace to the shops that makes me grin from ear to ear :) I have now added plastic needles to shopping list I know neevah will love them.